Ice skating activities and programs available year round.
Have fun skating on the world's only double-decker NHL Ice Rinks.
Learn to play hockey at Connecticut’s #1 hockey rink - and the world’s only double-decker NHL ice rink. Intro to Hockey at The Rinks at Shelton is structured to prepare and encourage children ages 3 and up, of all skill levels, to have the appropriate fundamentals for a positive, successful start and continuing career in the sport of hockey.
- Development Hockey
- Developmental League
- Youth Hockey Leagues
- Clinics and Private Lessons
- Spring League
- Summer Hockey Camps
- Tournaments and Jamborees
- High School and College Hockey
- Adult Programs
- Stick Time and Pick-up Hockey
- Hockey Pro Shop
This program is a fun and encouraging atmosphere for skaters to learn the "ins and outs" of the game, while developing basic ice hockey skills in a pressure-free atmosphere. Our hockey programs include:
- An introductory hockey program designed for beginning players who are just becoming acquainted with the stick and puck.
- Prerequisite: Successful completion of Learn to Skate
- A learn-to-play program for all ages. Instructors teach the basics of hockey, including stick handling, passing and shooting.
- Prerequisite: Successful completion of Learn to Skate and Rookies
Development Hockey Sessions:
Late Fall: October-December
Late Winter: March-May
The D-League at The Rinks at Shelton is the premier developmental hockey program in the state. The focus is on player and skill development in a fun, growth-oriented environment.
The D-League is perfect for the hockey family that is looking for a low-cost, minimal local travel alternative to travel hockey, or for the player looking for additional skills development and practice.
Paul Lavoie, a long-time Board member and former President of the Connecticut Riverhawks, serves as the Program Director of the D-League. Many of his program graduates have enjoyed successful high school and college club hockey careers.
Sound like the perfect fit?
Youth Hockey Leagues
The Rinks at Shelton provides a home for the following Travel Youth Hockey Associations:
Clinics and Private Lessons
Rinks at Shelton offers a wide variety of skills clinics as well as private lessons. Clinics include Power Skating, Skating Mechanics, Shooting, Defense, Goalie, and Girls Only Clinics. High School Clinics are also offered. Clinics change every season so please check back often.
Check back for more information.
Summer Hockey Camps
Several of the summer camp options offered at SportsCenter of CT are run in tandem with The Rinks at Shelton.
Look for the 2017 schedule soon. In the meantime, here are some of the camps we offered in 2016:
Hockey Night in Connecticut
- Features 9 week-long sessions with a detailed camp curriculum
- Areas of Development: Power skating, stick handling, puck control, shooting, passing, checking skills (age appropriate) and scrimmage
- Features multiple skill levels, including Intro Hockey Rookies, Juniors
- Areas of Development: This program is a fun and encouraging atmosphere for ice hockey skaters to learn the "ins and outs" of the game, while developing basic ice hockey skating skills in a pressure-free atmosphere.
Pro Ambitions Hockey
- Features 2 one-week sessions for ages 6-18. 5:1 player to instructor ratio
- Areas of Development: Learn how to battle, compete for loose pucks, score in tight areas, come out of the corner with the puck as well as general skill development
Click HERE for more information!
Eric Nate's Euro Hockey
- Through structured drills and innovative equipment like parallel bars, our intense on-ice instruction challenges each student to the best of his or her ability. We draw on traditional European methods to help students improve their game, and we strive to create an exciting and productive atmosphere where they can both learn and have fun. We’re also committed to maximizing the time students spend on the ice at each session.
Click HERE for more information.
- Hockey “ITS A GAME” Summer Skills
- BM Hockey Academy
- Riverhawks Conditioning Clinic 2016
- Johnny Longo’s Strength Academy High School Training Mini-Camp
Tournaments and Jamborees
Host your next tournament at The Rinks at Shelton - and the world’s only double-decker NHL Ice Rink. For more information and pricing please contact Donna Watson, 203-693-1002 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What we have coming up at The Rinks:
- Shelton Shootouts offered April/May, Mites through Midgets as well as Girls U10, U12, U14, U16 & U19.
- Sugar & Ice: Women's Weekend Tournament
- Fall Kick Off Jamboree
- Tournaments offered throughout the season.
- D- League Jingle Ball Jamboree
For More info, Click Here.
High School and College Hockey
The Rinks at Shelton is the home rink of multiple college and high school men and women hockey teams. Come cheer on your favorite local teams!
College Hockey - Proud home of:
- Sacred Heart Women's DI
- Fairfield University Men's Club
- Post University Men's D2
- Post University Women’s D2
High School Boys Hockey - Proud home of:
High School Girls Hockey - Proud home of:
Our Adult Instructional programs encourage the development of the beginner through elite skater in a warm and friendly environment. Dust off those old skates and join us to improve your skating and hockey skills year round. Players are grouped by ability. Sessions include personalized instruction in skating, shooting, hockey stops in addition to controlled scrimmages.
Adult Instructional Sessions:
- Fall: September-October
- Late Fall: October-December
- Winter: January-March
- Late Winter: March-May
- Spring: May-June
- Summer: June-August
Adult Hockey League of Connecticut
AHL of CT program features the following at an affordable price:
- Participation for Tiers 2, 3A, 3B, 4A and 4B
- Regular season games
- Playoffs and Championship
Stick Time and Pick-up Hockey
Stick time and pick up hockey at The Rinks at Shelton is available year-round.
To participate, you will need:
- Hockey stick, helmet and gloves
- Long pants and long-sleeve shirt (summer too)
No games permitted at Sticks and Pucks.
Hockey Pro Shop
Don’t Miss Top Shelf Sports a full-service Hockey and Skating Pro Shop, located conveniently in The Rinks building, that offers:
- Professional sharpening for hockey, figure and goalie skates
- Complete line of hockey gear, apparel and skates
- Supplies and accessories
Call 203.701.7924 for more info, or email HockeyStore@SportsCenterCT.com
- Monday-Thursday: 2-8pm
- Friday: Closed
- Saturday/Sunday: 8am-6pm