Ice skating activities and programs available year round.
Have fun skating on the world’s only double-decker NHL Ice Rinks.
Learn to play hockey at Connecticut’s #1 hockey rink – and the world’s only double-decker NHL ice rink. Intro to Hockey at The Rinks at Shelton is structured to prepare and encourage children ages 3 and up, of all skill levels, to have the appropriate fundamentals for a positive, successful start and continuing career in the sport of hockey.
Check back for more information.
Summer Hockey Camps
Several of the summer camp options offered at SportsCenter of CT are run in tandem with The Rinks at Shelton.
Look for the 2017 schedule soon. In the meantime, here are some of the camps we offered in 2016:
Hockey Night in Connecticut
- Features 9 week-long sessions with a detailed camp curriculum
- Areas of Development: Power skating, stick handling, puck control, shooting, passing, checking skills (age appropriate) and scrimmage
- Features multiple skill levels, including Intro Hockey Rookies, Juniors
- Areas of Development: This program is a fun and encouraging atmosphere for ice hockey skaters to learn the “ins and outs” of the game, while developing basic ice hockey skating skills in a pressure-free atmosphere.
Pro Ambitions Hockey
- Features 2 one-week sessions for ages 6-18. 5:1 player to instructor ratio
- Areas of Development: Learn how to battle, compete for loose pucks, score in tight areas, come out of the corner with the puck as well as general skill development
Click HERE for more information!
Eric Nate’s Euro Hockey
- Through structured drills and innovative equipment like parallel bars, our intense on-ice instruction challenges each student to the best of his or her ability. We draw on traditional European methods to help students improve their game, and we strive to create an exciting and productive atmosphere where they can both learn and have fun. We’re also committed to maximizing the time students spend on the ice at each session.
Click HERE for more information.
- Hockey “ITS A GAME” Summer Skills
- BM Hockey Academy
- Riverhawks Conditioning Clinic 2016
- Johnny Longo’s Strength Academy High School Training Mini-Camp
Stick Time and Pick-up Hockey
Stick time and pick up hockey at The Rinks at Shelton is available year-round.
To participate, you will need:
- Hockey stick, helmet and gloves
- Long pants and long-sleeve shirt (summer too)
No games permitted at Sticks and Pucks.
Hockey Pro Shop
Don’t Miss Top Shelf Sports a full-service Hockey and Skating Pro Shop, located conveniently in The Rinks building, that offers:
- Professional sharpening for hockey, figure and goalie skates
- Complete line of hockey gear, apparel and skates
- Supplies and accessories
Call 203.701.7924 for more info, or email HockeyStore@SportsCenterCT.com
- Monday-Thursday: 2-8pm
- Friday: Closed
- Saturday/Sunday: 8am-6pm