Ice skating activities and programs available year round.
Have fun skating on the world's only double-decker NHL Ice Rinks.
The Rinks at Shelton offer ice skating activities and programs year round. Have fun skating on the world’s only double-decker, NHL-sized Ice Rinks. No matter your skill level or commitment, we have a skating program for you.
This unique and exciting recreational activity is fun for the entire family, all year round. Enjoy skating with top of the line rentals and a state of the art sound and light system. Specially planned skating activities are always available to keep things fresh and new.
Programs & Lessons
The Rinks at Shelton has a program for everyone. Whether it’s your first time on the ice or you’re a seasoned skater, our incredibly accomplished, professional staff is ready to improve your skating abilities.
Learn to Skate Programs
We are a Learn To Skate USA Certified program
Our skating programs encourage the development of the beginners through elite skaters in a warm, friendly and fun environment. Leveled classes are readily available for each age and skill level.
Snowplow Sam (Boys and Girls ages 3-5)
- An introduction to the wonderful world of ice skating for pre-school/kindergartners. Children learn the basic skills of skating while developing balance and coordination, with an emphasis on group participation and fun. Each session consists of a playful interactive learning experience.
Learn to Skate (Ages 5 to adult)
- Designed to teach beginners of all ages the basic techniques of figure, hockey or recreational skating. Classes are leveled by age and ability. Each session includes a 25 minute instructional component and 25 minutes of practice time.
Learn to Skate Sessions:
- Fall: September - October
- Late Fall: October - December
- Winter: January - March
- Late Winter: March - May
- Spring: May - June
- Summer: June - August
For more information about our Learn to Skate or Freestyle Figure Skating programs, call 203-693-1001 or email Jmelotto@sportscenterCT.com
From freestyle and dance to bridge and power stroking, we offer a myriad of figure skating programs for all ages and skill levels.
- Weekday and weekend freestyle, moves in the field and dance sessions
- Freestyle pair skating is available on a subscription or walk-in basis (subject to availability)
- Approved coaches are welcome
- Designed for Basic Skill Level 6 and above, teaching the fundamentals of figure skating technique including jumps and spins in a more formal environment
Intro to Syncro
- Intro to Syncro participants learn the basic elements of synchronized skating - block, line, circle, wheel and intersection - while improving personal skills and team based interaction. Skaters use the elements learned to create their own program set to music and have the opportunity to perform at The Rinks Holiday Show in December and more.
Starcatchers Synchronized Skating
- Starcatchers is a synchronized skating organization dedicated to providing a healthy, competitive skating environment to grow and learn the value of teamwork and community.
The Fairfield County Speedskating Club is pleased to host sessions at The Rinks for skaters of all ages and skill levels. The skaters are divided by age and skill levels, enabling beginners to feel less intimidated and more skilled skaters to be challenged. Our speed skating programs feature:
- Free instruction by Connecticut Speedskating Association coaching staff
- Weekly sessions focus on proper skating technique, power and speed
- Short and Long track training
Questions about Speedskating? Contact Kepiya Lokesh at or call 201-564-8969 or visit CTSpeedSkating.com
Equipment Requirements: Speed Skates (hockey/figure skates ok for beginners), helmet, gloves (leather or cut resistant), neck guard, long sleeved shirt, long pants (tights/ sweatpants). Knee and elbow pads are strongly recommended.
Interested in renting an ice rink for exclusive use by your group? Call us at 203.693.1002 or email IceRental@SportsCenterCT.com for more information.
OUR PROFESSIONAL SKATE STAFF
An extremely accomplished skater, Jody is a U.S. Figure Skating Gold Medalist in freestyle, and a Regional competitor and National Collegiate Athlete at the senior level. Jody brings 25 years of coaching experience, from Tots to Senior Level. She is PSA rated and holds a Bachelor's degree from UCONN in Human Relations and Child Development.
Suzanne Flynn Guy
A double Gold Medalist in Ice Dancing and Figures, Suzanne brings over 35 years coaching experience, from Learn to Skate through Freestyle. As a PSA rated instructor, Suzanne teaches all disciplines of figure skating including Synchronized Skating.
Heather Carusone brings over 25 years teaching experience from tots through adults and learn to skate to competitive level. She has taught various aspects of skating ranging from basic skills, moves in the field, and freestyle. Heather is a member of USFSA and PSA.
As a British Ice Dancer, Kim won innumerable British and World Ice Dance Championships. Kim spent over seven (7) years as a featured skater with Disney on Ice. Kim coaches beginner to Gold level ice dancing and Moves in the Field.